Our Chair, Jeff Moser, has just released the upcoming HD41 Monthly Meeting agenda. We hope to see everyone at the meeting, as we will get to know our Aurora Public School Board candidates, and speak to all things related to our House District.
Agenda for HD41 Monthly Meeting on Monday, September 25th
Arapahoe County Democratic Party Headquarters
Arapahoe Co. Democratic Party Headquarters, 10730 E. Bethany Drive, Ste. 240, Aurora, CO 80014
6:30 to 7:00: Happy Half-Hour: Meet-n-Greet – Refreshments
7:00: Welcome & Call to Order by Presiding Officer — Pledge of Allegiance
Introduce Party Leaders and Elected Officials Present — Call for General Orders – Adopt
Agenda — Approval of Minutes from Aug. 28, 2017
7:05: Panel Program: Candidates for Aurora Public School Board (Four to be elected Nov. 7)
Each candidate will have 3 minutes to introduce who they are and why they are running. Then we will
have 20 -25 minutes of questions written down on post cards collected from the audience.
7:50: Legislative Report: Rep. Jovan Melton, Sen. Nancy Todd, Sen. Daniel Kagan
8:00: Officer Reports & Committee Reports – 1 to 2 minutes each
1) Chair Jeff Moser
2) 1st Vice Chair Kunle Taiwo
3) 2nd Vice Chair Kristin Malory – Canvassing, AYD, Schroeder Dinner
4) Secretary Maureen Mrizek – Communications
5) Treasurer Martha Kern – Fundraising
6) County Rules – Gale Drexler
7) County/State Platform/County Resolutions – David Lightowler
8) County Outreach – Patricia Noonan
8:05: Unfinished Business
1) Annual Schroeder Dinner: Comments. Thanks to Kristin who was chair and to all who helped to
plan the dinner, contributed to the successful auction, and attended the event.
2) Next VAN Training Dates for the Fall, at HQ – See web calendar
8:10: New Business & Announcements
1) 2017 Coordinated Election: Monday, Oct. 16: First day mail ballots may be sent to voters. VSPC
Hours: Mon.–Fri., Oct. 30–Nov. 6, 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.; Sat., Nov. 4: 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.;
Tues., Nov. 7: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
2) 8-10 Minutes: Randee Webb, speaking about the City of Aurora’s entertainment-
district/motorsports-facility-racetrack/charter-amendment ballot question.
8:30 p.m: Adjourn – Next HD 41 Meeting: Monday, Oct. 23, 2017.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Fields marked * are mandatory.